Europe / Muslims in Media Statistics / UK

UK Muslim survey: 76% of prominent Muslims ‘strongly’ support Jihad

The British Muslim news website 5 Pillars, What are Muslims thinking?, edited by Roshan Muhammed Salih and Dilly Hussain, paid a marketing maverick to conduct a detailed survey amongst 190 influential British Muslims around the country to give the public a better and “more accurate” impression of Muslims and Islam.

These 190 people apparently represent Muslims who “qualify to speak on and represent Islam”. And out of those there is strong support for jihad, which echoes a previous independent study that revealed 80% of Muslims supported the Islamic State.

The effort was intended to tackle Islamophobia and to give an accurate representation of mainstream Islam in Britain.

It may have backfired.

Let’s look at some of the responses:


Only Islam is an Acceptable Religion

95% of respondents “strongly agreed” that “The Prophet Muhammad is the last and final prophet and messenger of God”.

Meaning the validity of other religions is zero.

Around 98% of Muslims agreed that, “The Quran is the direct and unchanged revelation and word of God, sent down for the whole of humanity.”

Islam can never be criticized or changed or improved in any way was “strongly agreed” to by 80% while another 10% “agreed”:

“Islam is in no need of reformation since Islamic principles,laws and values are timelessly relevant.”

95% agreed that “Christianity and Judaism had the same message and truth, but over time their scriptures became corrupted and the purity of the message was lost.”

In other words, those who do not believe in Islam need to be made to understand they are mislead, confused and wrong. This is done by proselytizing, lectures and debates on Islam (only the Muslim view of Islam; the infidel doesn’t understand anything and is therefore not encouraged to debate) or by jihad, by force.

“Authentic prophetic practices and teachings (known as Sunnah) are revelation from God and are infallible”, with 75% “strongly agreed” and another 8% “agreed”, taking the total approval rate to 83%. What Koran teaches is law and without fault. It must be agreed on.

This is where the entitlement to terrorize comes in.

On page 26, the right to attack the “oppressor” is obscured in flowery language, and with strong support at 84% strongly agreed and 8% who agree – taking the total approval level of combat to 92%:

Islam supports the rights of victims to defend their land, homes and families from oppression, including foreign military tyranny and occupation.  

Who is it exactly that they refer to as the oppressors? And whoms land is it they need to defend? Islam is the only right and true religion, and Jihad is an obligation, and – the whole purpose with Jihad is to turn all the infidels to Islam. Therefore, the “oppressor” is a term used for the non-Muslims.

Debate and Free Speech is Acceptable – but Only on Islamic Terms

Sections of the survey read like a parody with values that do not correlate at all with the reality are in Islamized societies. The survey is basically a play on words. Other questions contradict themselves, which reveal a completely different interpretation to the West in the use of words such as values, compassion, democracy, freedom, etc.

For example, one question on page 28 in chart 26 Muslims agreed in 80% majority that:

We [Muslims] believe that polite challenging debate is healthy for society, whether debating the premises of Islam or proactively challenging the premises of liberalism and other world-views.

On the question of “Freedom and Free Speech” the responses showed that 86% “strongly agreed”, 11% “agreed” taking the total approval level to 97%. But what kind of freedom are we actually looking at here?

On page 29 in chart 24 around 90% of the Muslims participating in the survey agreed that:

Islam promotes dialogue, debate and discussion and actively encourages Muslims to share the benefits of their religion with others through practice and dialogue.

In other words, proselytizing is highly encouraged. Questioning Islam is absolutely not as we can see below. On the same page, 29, in the next column the Muslims completely contradict the ‘tolerance’ view, by demonstrating that 86% “strongly” feel any debate can only be approved on Muslim terms, nothing else and another 12% “agree”, taking the total to 98%:

Insulting beliefs or Prophets is absolutely unacceptable and strongly condemned.

By denouncing any validity to other faiths the Muslims have already ‘insulted beliefs’ of everyone else. Again, the tolerance is only one-sided and does not apply to Muslims.

76% Approve of Jihad (91% in Total)

76% “strongly agreed”, while another 15% “agreed” or a total 91% that, “Jihad, as is mandated in the Quran, is used to maintain or restore order, peace and security or to remove oppression and injustice.”

What injustice and oppression is this referring to? It’s the “oppression” of the non-belivers, the non-Muslims, the infidels putting Islam and the infalliable laws of Allah in second rate. Islam should not be second to an infidel faith; Sharia should not be stopped from ruling the land. The injustice is the obstruction to not permit Muslims to install Sharia all over society, and around the world.

The survey reveals an extremely intolerant religion and followers, where other religions and rejection of religion is completely devalified. The opinion and lifestyle is only accepted as long as it follows the Islamic belief and laws, which are deeply intolerant. Only 19% of those surveyed followed the Salafi school of thought, revealing that Islam by itself, irrespective what school, is extremely intolerant and prone to violence and terrorism.

Images of charts and content comes from marketing maverick Peter Pickersgill’s compiled survey ‘5 Pillars Normative Islam’. The full PDF can be viewed in detail on the link below.


British survey from “5 Pillars: What are Muslims thinking?”: (PDF) 5 Pillars Normative Islam – Peter Pickersgill, February 2016.
UK: 80% of London Muslims support Islamic State



The questionnaire consisted of two parts:

• Classification questions to determine the level of education, Islamic denomination, school of jurisprudence and the theological creed followed by the respondent.

• A series of 95 statements about Islamic beliefs, to which respondents were requested to indicate their level of agreement. The 95 statements were grouped under 12 topic headings and were drawn up by 5Pillars.  5Pillars made a calculated assumption on what they regarded as mainstream Islamic beliefs and practices,and used this as a reference to engage the participants. In formulating the survey statements and questions, 5Pillars also took into consideration the contentious topics, which have dominated British news and debates in relation to Islam and Muslims.

When considering their views on the statements provided, respondents were asked to ensure that their answers to the questions represented their own views on Islam.


For larger view, please click the images. Image will open in a new tab.

5Pillars_Normative_Islam_Report_2016 - pg 26 - jihad
5Pillars_Normative_Islam_Report_2016 - pg 25 - Caliphate
5Pillars_Normative_Islam_Report_2016 - page 33 summary
5Pillars_Normative_Islam_Report_2016 - page 34 summary
5Pillars_Normative_Islam_Report_2016 - page 35 summary
5Pillars_Normative_Islam_Report_2016 - page 36 summary


UK Muslim survey: Islam can never be criticized or changed or improved in any way, a statement agreed to by 90% of Muslims surveyed. 98% of influential British Muslims agreed that insulting Islam is absolutely unacceptable.



8 thoughts on “UK Muslim survey: 76% of prominent Muslims ‘strongly’ support Jihad

  1. The questions in this survey are laughable to anybody who is aware of what islam really mandates and teaches.
    If anybody wanted to see whether modern-day muslims in the UK are actually “moderates”, or if they really are all “savages”, one should put the questions in this order:
    1. Do you support the establishment of sharia in the UK as soon as the circumstances allow it?
    2. Do you support the establishment of a sharia precept that mandates that “people of the Book” (namely Jews and Christians) have to pay the jizya and feel themselves subdued?
    3. Do you support the establishment of a sharia precept that mandates that polytheists must convert to islam or die?

    Those three questions are enough, as they would (in my opinion) show that roughly 50-80% of muslims in the UK are actually savages.


  2. Talk about soft pedaling these questions, the inference being that Muslims are tolerant toward people of other faiths, though some other questions would be more telling. Better questions would be, ‘Do you support the attacks on Charlie Hebdo over drawings of the ‘prophet Mohammed’ and the killing of the cartoonists?’ Or ‘Do you support in idea that targets in the West should be struck, is that a legitimate target of jihad, even if some innocent civilians per present?’

    I suspect the percentage of those supporting these activities, even if they claim they would not do so themselves, speaks volumes. From what I have read, Islam does not mean ‘peace’ but translated means ‘submission’.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. No-one disputes that the literal translation of Jihad is “struggle”. And there are those who believe that its true meaning is “inner spiritual struggle”. But, with the greatest respect, the issue is not how you or Sara Khan choose to interpret the term. The issue is what the mainstream understanding of the term has been throughout Muslim history. I’m really not sure that is the issue – most mainstream historical Christian understandings of homosexuality, divorce and putting people to death are now considered extreme. Apparently even Al Qaida considers IS to be extreme, so it hardly seems fair to have a go at someone else for saying the same thing. Almost any recourse to violence is now considered as extreme in Western societies, so why shouldn’t a Muslim citizen feel the same way? Religion is always a matter of interpretation and reflection. Young Muslims tell me that, despite shouting loud and clear that they are patriotic, they still experience anti-Muslim prejudice and are viewed with suspicion, as the enemy within.

    In Islam there is no commandment to kill people by making such allegations against them. The cartoonists had exercised their freedom of expression, and freedom of expression is totally allowed in Islam. Even during the Prophet’s time there were several instances of ridicule, however the Prophet and his Companions neither punished such persons nor asked anyone to do so. On every occasion of this kind, the Prophet’s Companions always tried to positively disseminate the message of Islam. They never tried to punish these people. The killing of those people who had published the cartoons is a gravely un-Islamic act in the name of Islam. What did killing Saddam Husain do. What did killing Osama Bin laden do? NOTHING!!!. There is a long line of replacements. I don’t know the answers. He was asked by MI5 to join them…so you know he is working for them.

    None of 7/7 bombers and British Muslim youths who are in Syria and Iraq are the product of Muslim schools. They are the product of British schooling which is the home of institutional racism with chicken racist native teachers. It is absurd to believe that Muslim schools, Imams and Masajid teach Muslim children anti-Semitic, homophobic and anti-western views. It is dangerously deceptive and misleading to address text books and discuss them out of their historical, cultural and linguistic context.

    When one looks at the profiles of the Westerners who join Jihadist groups in Syria, Iraq or elsewhere, they are usually middle class and not among the most socioeconomically, educationally, etc. deprived segments of those populations. For many European Muslims, the “sense of belonging”, though (their sense of integration) can be quite disconnected from their actual economic situation, and all of us here with Euro connections know Muslims, both from immigrant and native backgrounds (converts etc.), who on the surface live a comfortable and even privileged, “successful” and happy life (university degrees, a nice house, a good job, a nice family, great kids who do well at school, etc.) yet will tell you “there is no place for us in this country”. Then they will start dreaming about leaving for a supposedly better place, usually the US or the UK (though that “British Dream” of a European Islam-friendly haven is closing fast too, now), Saudi Arabia, etc. And quite a few actually leave. Some will talk about going to Palestine and fight to protect their “brothers and sisters” from Jewish aggression, etc.

    The Swedish government some work in the late 1990’s using General Morphological Analysis to examine delinquency in youth. Part of the finds was that youths taking part in these activities were doubly excluded, first generation youths that didn’t fit into their old culture neither into the new culture. For some reason they’re also particularly attracted to the Jihadist system – has any one looked further into this? Articles by Tom Ritchey may help with background.

    Words that remain true until today

    “The Americans and the rest of the Western world are like the butcher who wears white clothes when he is about to slaughter a sheep! And if the leg of the sheep shudders as it soul departs its body or a speck of blood falls on the butchers white garment the sheep is considered to be a rude, disobedient sheep. Likewise they want to slaughter us while dressed in white garments…

    When we defend our selves they shout we are fundamentalists, terrorists, jihadists and savages. Protecting our honour has become anarchy and a savagery. They do all of this and want us to laugh with them. They take our resources and we are supposed to say “Yes sir, Yes sir!” They take our holy places and even if we carry one bullet they say ‘they are terrorists’ – if this is what they call terrorism then we are all “terrorists”. The people who are moderate and soft in the deen enjoy luxury they are flowing in one river, and the deen flows in another.“

    None of 7/7 bombers and British Muslim youths who are in Syria and Iraq are the product of Muslim schools. They are the product of British schooling which is the home of institutional racism with chicken racist native teachers. It is absurd to believe that Muslim schools, Imams and Masajid teach Muslim children anti-Semitic, homophobic and anti-western views. It is dangerously deceptive and misleading to address text books and discuss them out of their historical, cultural and linguistic context. It is not wrong to teach children that Jews are committing the same cruelty in Palestine what German did to them before or during Second World War. It is not wrong to teach children that anti-social behaviour, drinking, drugs, homosexuality, sex before marriage, teenage pregnancies and abortions are western values and Islam is against all such sins. This does not mean that Muslim schools teach children to hate westerners, Jews and homosexuals.

    The British establishment is wrong in thinking that Imams are to blame for extremism. Imams are not solution to the problem for extremism. Extremism is nothing to do with Imams. Extremism is not created from abroad, it is coming from within. Britain fails to help Muslim communities feel part of British society. Race trouble is being predicted by the Daily Express, because of an ethnic boom in UK major cities. Muslim communities need imams for the solutions of their needs and demands in their own native languages. Muslim parents would like to see their children well versed in Standard English and to go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. The fact is that majority of Muslim children leave schools with low grades because monolingual teachers are not capable to teach Standard English to bilingual Muslim children. A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He/she does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brit.

    Terrorism and sexual grooming is nothing to do with Masajid, Imams and Muslim schools. Those Muslim youths who have been involved in terrorism and sexual grooming are the product of western education system which makes a man stupid, selfish and corrupt. They find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage, literature and poetry. They suffer from identity crises and I blame British schooling.


    • Islam and it’s false prophet, an illiterate son of a whore born from a slave who sexually served her slave masters in the barren deserts of Arabia, is a mental illness. All you get from trying to decripher mental illness is more mental illness.
      It’s not “Western education” that teach Muslims all across the Middle East to conduct in Tahharush harassment and stalking of women. It’s prevalent in your own Hadith and Sirath, when you revolting pedophile of a prophet took anything that stood in his way to gratify his perversions, and made himself above the law others had to follow. Only a mentally sick and feeble person fall for the demonism that is Islam.

      Liked by 1 person

      • And that was your rebuttal of the post? Your response was quite enlightening as to your true agenda and mindset. Even though i didn’t agree with a number of comments made by IFTIKHARA, that doesn’t justify your response.

        You also didn’t take the time to read some of the nuanced points made. But then, it doesn’t fit your agenda.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s